Ready to Lead 2021
Ready to Lead is a training for progressive leaders who share LEAD NC’s mission and values and are considering stepping into greater public leadership. Participants will get the information they need in order to decide whether to run for public office and understand the early steps they should take to prepare.
By the end of the workshop, participants will:
- Articulate their motivation for stepping into public leadership and what would make them a good elected official.
- Understand core considerations for running and serving and begin to identify the support they to begin the journey.
- Understand the early actions and steps they should take before and immediately following the launch of a campaign.
Training Dates: This workshop is virtual, and will be offered two times (participants will attend only one of the weekends).
- April 9 – 10 (Friday 3-5 pm; Sat 10-4 pm)
- April 23-24 (Friday 3-5 pm; Sat 10-4 pm)
Application: Please apply for this training by completing this form: Ready to Lead Application. Note: Applications for the April 9-10 training are now closed. You may still apply for the April 23-24 training.
Get Elected 2021
Our Spring 2021 Get Elected workshops are for people who plan to run for local office (city council, county commission, school board) in 2021 or 2022. Participants will learn the basic aspects of running a political campaign, including developing their personal story and campaign message, building a campaign plan and team, and creating a voter outreach and contact plan. The fee for the workshop is $50, with limited scholarships available.
Training Dates: This workshop is virtual, and will be offered May 14-16 (Friday 3-5 pm; Sat 10-4 pm; Sun 2-5 pm)
People interested should compete this application: http://bit.ly/